Saturday 24 March 2012

3/Three Mobile Contract Bad Service.



Long story short...NEVER SIGN A THREE MOBILE CONTRACT AS THEY ARE TERRIBLE. 

My Phones broke. Probably down to planned obsolescence. Im not going to mention the phone manufacturer as I've previously had very good experiences from this brand.

My complaints are with 3 aka Three mobile.

I've been with 3 for my entire university life. So three years. The current contract was a 24 month contract( which takes the piss anyway, and I was perhaps foolish to sign up for 2 years)

My contract now ends in October 2012. So I have 7 more months left on my contract. Over this time I've not been offered a chance to upgrade my phone.

What gets under my skin is that i've been on this contract paying £25 pounds a months for 17 months. Thats £425 I have paid 3 mobile. Not to mention the amount I paid them on my last contract.

Thinking to myself that I have been a good costumer, paid my bills every month on time etc etc I was perhaps entitled to a new phone or a early upgrade. I was even happy to  end this contract and sign up to another. But no.

I phoned them, had to talk to a computer for approximately 3 minutes then I was passed onto someone that English was clearly not their first language. The problem wasn't me understanding her but her understanding me. When I said "My phone had died" she initially thought I said "My friends died" she siad was sorry for my loss.... I laughed and corrected her, then she started trying to sell me a new contract. This makes me think where is my money going? If they are outsourcing their call centres they are probably cutting corners on customer service everywhere.

I declined the offer as I already have a contract with Three mobile. They couldn't offer my anything unless I paid them more money on top of my current contract. I decided to go buy a cheap phone from Tesco or Argos and stick my sim into it.

The cheapest locked 3 phone you can buy I believe is around £40 and it's crap.  I then went to Asda and they only sold phones locked to  a particular network (or so I was told by the guy at the counter. Probably incorrect information).

I didn't want to just buy any phone put my sim into it and have it not work. Then have the effort of trying to get a refund. I will no doubt have to get one soon.

It seems to me that when you pay for a contract you pay for the phone and the contract, thats why iphone contracts are so expensive right?  So if the phone breaks(through no fault of my own) the network company should give me a new one, I mean I am paying for a service.  If I was renting a flat and the roof started leaking the landlord wouldn't ask me to fix it. He also wouldn't say you can still live here but with a leaky roof.

Perhaps everything's just got so bad we just expect this kind of service as customers but it really isn't good enough.

Hopefully this isn't more time wasted and will inform someone in the future.


2 comments:

  1. Sending u a blackberry curve 3g. Stop fucking moaning. Your loving brother.

    ReplyDelete